It was so good that when Eric wasn't looking, I licked my bowl. And spoon. And food processor.
It all started when I had one lonely avocado ripening quickly in my fruit/vegetable/candy basket. Of course I couldn't let this thing go to waste, and I didn't have the rest of the ingredients for guacamole, so I looked around the kitchen, threw a few things in the food processor, and came up with this delightfully light, but sinfully delicious...
Creamy Avo-Fredo Sauce!!
I served my sauce over some whole-grain rotini noodles, but any pasta would work! I would give the whole-grain noodles a try though, especially with this sauce. It makes a yummy combination!
Here's a picture of the pasta I used, in case you want to be a complete copy-cat:
Now for the good stuff...
Creamy Avo-Fredo Sauce
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup half and half (I used fat free!)
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic (or 1 medium clove of fresh garlic)
- 1 Tbs lemon juice (or the juice of half of a lemon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Scoop out all the meat from the avocado and place in food processor. Put the rest of the ingredients in, and process until smooth.
- Resist the urge to eat it directly from the food processor.
- Serve over your pasta of choice, sprinkle with parmesan if you'd like, and enjoy!
**I served the sauce over freshly cooked noodles that were still warm, so it warmed up the sauce a tad. You can heat up the sauce if you'd like, but I think it's awesome just straight out of the food processor.