Sunday, January 13, 2013

Introductions From The XY Side

Welcome to our new blog! 

Since you're here reading, I might as well tell you what this blog is going to be about. Mainly food. Some fun around the Charlottesville, VA area. Maybe some other stuff... That's just about the gist of it. It'll be a "fly by the seat of our pants" ordeal, I'm sure. 

I'm +Eric. I live here in Charlottesville with my amazing and beautiful girlfriend, +Abby. I'm an Android Developer at WillowTree Apps, and love food, technology, reading, and music. I also spent 6 years in the US Air Force as an F-15E Crew Chief, before getting out to pursue real life. Just for full disclosure: I'm a huge geek. Not one of those "oh it's cool to be a geek, so I'll play along" geeks. I'm an actual geek. And a geek about many things. Mobile Devices, Military Aircraft, Home Theatre, Software Development, Movies, and various other topics that I'm sure will pop up from time to time. 

We also have a dog. His name is Charlie, or as I like to call him, "Sir Charles of Barkingham". Abby will likely talk more about him, since that's kind of her thing. He definitely thinks he owns the joint though. Here's a picture:


The most important part of the start of this blog is that it marks the beginning of a year of healthier eating and living. I mean... who doesn't want to be healthier? Abby is definitely the chef of the duo, but I may just try my hand at some Gourmet Mac n Cheese. And by "Gourmet" I mean I'm going to do more than take it out of the package and microwave it. Maybe, just maybe, I might actually become a cook after this.

Stay tuned for Abby to chime in with her introduction. 



No comments:

Post a Comment