Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jenny Flake - Let's Be Friends!


You don’t know who Jenny Flake is? You silly goose. Follow her blog, Picky Palate, and thank me later.  

If you love her blog, buy her cookbook, also named Picky Palate. Then, tell me what you’ve cooked, and I’ll tell you what I’ve cooked, and we can be BFF!!!!!

So, I know you’re supposed to eat all of your chicken and veggies before digging into dessert (thanks Mom and Dad), BUT today dessert is first. Why? Because recently I’ve made 2 extremely delicious recipes from the aforementioned cookbook, Picky Palate. By the way, don’t let the title fool you. I DEFINITELY do not have a Picky Palate – I love trying new foods and usually end up liking whatever I try! (thanks Mom and Dad)

Please excuse me for not posting the recipes here, but if I did, I’m pretty sure Jenny Flake wouldn’t want to be my friend. I will include some drool-worthy pictures though!



First up: Blueberry-White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I was super stoked to get my very own Raspberry Ice KitchenAid Mixer for Christmas. I cried many happy tears. Thanks Eric! A few days later, I received THE cookbook (thanks Mom and Dad) and knew right away I had to find a cookie recipe to make!

These cookies are absurdly delicious. So soft and gooey and oatmealy and white-chocolaty, and you can kinda eat ‘em for breakfast because they have fruit and oatmeal….right? Right. Everyone who tasted them loooooved them!








Next we have: Soft Double-Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

These remind me so much of my mom’s delicious chocolate-sour cream cupcakes. You might ask why I don’t just use her recipe to make her cupcakes. WELL, I would tell you that I tried that, for my dad’s birthday one year, and we weren't able to eat them. Well, we would have been able to eat drink them if we would have had straws. Yeah, they were bad. Now, I will admit that I was probably about 12 years old when I made liquid cupcakes, so I should be brave enough to   try her recipe again, but I’m not.

These cupcakes do have THE secret ingredient – sour cream. If you’re like “Ewww, gross…sour cream in a cupcake? No thanks.” Think again. You want your cupcakes to be moist right? That’s what sour cream does. Mmmmmm sour cream….
 



I also highly recommend adding this fun baking gadget to your collection. It makes icing cupcakes super easy.



So easy, a caveman Eric could do it! He loves helping. I love him. J

The Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator comes with all sorts of pointy attachment things. I think one of them even lets you inject stuff! Mmmm…stuff-injected doughnuts.


Next, I promise to share some non-dessert recipes from Picky Palate, because they are also amazing. Until then, buy her cookbook! You won’t be disappointed. 

1 comment: